Friday 8 June 2012

Recipe: Tomato and Red Pepper Sauce

I started my morning with another set of sprints at the park. This was the first time that I have exercised without eating beforehand and thought I would have noticed the energy dip, but I really didn't. However, I was only out for half an hour, I'm sure if I tried to do a long run on empty I'd suffer a bit! It was also horribly drizzley but I suppose I need to get used to rubbish weather conditions - who knows what race day will bring!

I had the same breakfast smoothie as yesterday when I was home and showered, and then headed off to explore a local covered market. I usually love markets and love the idea of all the fresh and homemade produce, and thought that this would be the perfect place to pick up some goodies for my Foodie Penpal (I will be blogging on this at the beginning of next month). However, it was very disappointing: just a fishmonger, butcher, baker, and a sample of the nextdoor green grocer's. I did check out the green grocer's nextdoor though, which was a lot more fruitful (no pun intended...)

My leftover dumplings were delicious cold, and made a great lunch with some steamed brocolli and a tomato and red pepper sauce (recipe below)



 Tomato and red pepper sauce
  • 250g passata
  • 1 red pointed pepper
  • Handful fresh basil
  • Peri peri hot sauce
  1.  Place in blender and whizz up!
  2. Serve as a raw sauce or heat through for pasta sauce etc.
I bulked out my sauce with a scoop of pea protein powder, and though it doesn't really change the flavour for me, the texture does become somewhat grainy.


Then in the evening my plans changed and I had dinner at my dad's - just a shop bought flan with salad and new potatoes. So no piccies, and also the reason why I have had to catch up on this post a day late. I'll hopefully be able able to blog about anything interesting/health related that happens today later on!


Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment